Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Fall Outfit

I've been wanting to sew up a Military Messenger Bag in faux leather for quite sometime now. 
When I got some faux leather in a destash/sale from West Coast Fabric, I knew exactly what it'd be for. 
I had already bought some webbing from a neat little quilt shop in Canmore, AB so I was all set. 
Yet, I was a little intimidated--I knew if I made an error you'd be able to see where I had to seam rip.
So, I put it off. And off. 


Finally, I got up the nerve and just started cutting and then sewing. 
The hardest part was the fact that the faux leather would stick to the presser foot and not move as it was supposed to. 
Some people gave tips, and I ended up taping some masking tape to the bottom of my presser foot to make it more slippery. 
I'm so glad it got finished--I love how it turned out! 


The sweater is also a newer sew.
The fabric is (or shall I say was) an XXL men's shirt from Walmart for $3. 
I did a lot of seam ripping to be able to re-use the neck band, hem and sleeve bands, and was even able to keep the fancy V on the neckline! 
I had to do the 3/4 sleeves as I didn't have enough fabric to get a long raglan sleeve out of a regular sleeved men's shirt. 
The sweater is super comfy and a bit of a step away from a lot of my pinks and florals that I love so much.

Before!
You can read more about the jeans here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!